“If you’re an atheist or an agnostic, you’ll be completely on board and happy to tag along with Maher as he travels the globe asking people about their faith – everywhere from Jerusalem to the Vatican to Amsterdam, where he finds not only the Cannabis Ministry but also a Muslim gay bar (with two people in it).” — Christie Lemire, Associated Press writer
Just a quick summary of some of the buzz generated in the limited release of the film:
- RottenTomatoes.com – 65% (“Fresh”)
- Roger Ebert – 4.5 out of 5 stars
- Roger Moore, The Orlando Sentinel – 4 out of 5 stars
- Joe Neumaier, New York Daily News – 4 out of 5 stars
- Kyle Smith, New York Post – 3 out of 4 stars
- Robert W. Butler, The Kansas City Star – 3 out of 4 stars
- Owen Gleiberman, Entertainment Weekly – A minus
- Steve Persall, St. Petersburg Times – A minus
After you see the movie, please let me know what you thought. Whether you are a believer or a non-believer, I am interested in what you have to say. Okay. I lied. If you are a believer, I am not so much interested in what you have to say. You believe in an invisible man in the sky, so your judgment should be called into question from jump street.
Review information retrieved from the Religulous Wikipedia page.